See something? Hear something? Say something!
"See Something, Hear Something, Say Something" is a public awareness program to help maintain a safe transit system.
We all have a responsibility to look out for safety and report suspicious or unusual activity.
Get involved in everyday safety
We encourage all Oakville Transit employees and customers to commit to being alert, informed, prepared and involved partners in safety.
Be on the alert for suspicious or unusual activity, including:
- Packages or bags placed or planted in an out-of-the-way location (e.g., garbage can)
- Individuals in the act of abandoning an object, package or substance and quickly leaving an area
- Objects with unusual items (such as batteries, wires, tanks, bottles or bags)
- An attached message or note
- A suspicious cloud, mist, gas, vapour, odour or seeping fluid
- Two or more individuals showing signs of distress (nausea, coughing, difficulty breathing, etc.)
- A vehicle parked in a restricted area or odd location
- A window/door open that is usually locked or closed
- Or other out-of-the-ordinary situations