Service changes in response to COVID-19
Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Updated: September 6, 12 a.m.
Additional cleaning and disinfecting treatment of the Oakville Transit fleet is being done regularly.
To keep customers and operators safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have implemented these new procedures:
- Non-medical masks or face coverings are mandatory when travelling on Oakville Transit. Children under the age of two, people with disabilities or other medical conditions that prevent them from wearing any mask will not be required to wear one. It’s important to remember, not all disabilities or medical conditions are visible. Please be kind and support each other.
- Maintain physical distancing of 2-metre or 6-feet distance from others at the bus stop.
- Please board the bus through the front door and exit by the rear door. Customers requiring mobility assistance may exit by the front door.
- Fare payments are required. In an effort to protect passengers and drivers from COVID-19, protective driver shields have been installed around the bus operator cab on all conventional buses so customers can board and pay fares at the front.
- PRESTO customers are strongly encouraged to load their cards online and visit the PRESTO card website to learn about how, and where to go, to load a PRESTO card.
- We have added a red line on the floor at the front of the bus. Customers are asked to remain behind the red line.
Oakville Transit administration office has re-opened to the public.
- SPLIT Pass sales is available for purchase at the Oakville Transit office and can be purchased with cash, debit or credit. ServiceOakville no longer sells SPLIT pass as of October 1.
- Lost and Found pick up is available at the Oakville Transit administration office. If you have lost a valuable item, please email us at email@example.com with the description of the item. Staff will check to see if your item is available for pick up.
Follow the Oakville Transit twitter @oakvilletransit to stay informed.
For all facility closures and impacted town services, visit the Town of Oakville COVID-19 information page.
Conventional transit service
Effective Sunday, September 6, 2020, Oakville Transit will operate at a modified service level with increased service to most routes.
- Monday to Friday – Routes 3, 4, 5/5A, 14/14A and 24 will operate every 30 minutes from approximately 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., then hourly until midnight. Most other routes will operate every 30 minutes during rush hours and hourly in the midday and evening, with some routes providing rush hour only service. Most school specials will operate with modifed times.
- Saturday – Routes 3, 4, 5/5A, 14/14A and 24 will operate approximately 7 a.m. to midnight. Routes 5/5A, 14/14A and 24 will operate every 30 minutes until approximately 8 p.m., then hourly until midnight. Most other routes will operate hourly service from approximately 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sunday – Service will operate hourly from approximately 8 a.m. to 8 p.m, except Routes 14/14A and 24 will operate every 30 minutes.
- Late Night Service, Senior Specials, Oakville Place and Metro charters will not operate.
Use Google Trip Planner to plan a trip, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-815-2020 if you need assistance. Real-time bus tracking is available.
On Demand service: care-A-van and Home to Hub
In response to COVID-19 pandemic:
- Non-medical masks or face coverings are mandatory.
- Fare payments are required.
- Essential and non-essential trips may be booked.
- Self-serve bookings by web, app and phone are available.
- Customers and attendants will be asked screening questions at their pick-up location prior to boarding the bus.
Sign up for Oakville Transit's RSS feeds to get information delivered right to your desktop.