Service changes in response to COVID-19
Thursday, January 14, 2021
Updated: January 14, 4 p.m.
Additional cleaning and disinfecting treatment of the Oakville Transit fleet is being done regularly.
To keep customers and operators safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have implemented these new procedures:
- Please only use transit for essential trips.
- Non-medical masks or face coverings are mandatory when travelling on Oakville Transit. Children under the age of two, people with disabilities or other medical conditions that prevent them from wearing any mask will not be required to wear one. It’s important to remember, not all disabilities or medical conditions are visible. Please be kind and support each other.
- To promote safe physical distancing while on board, Oakville Transit has established maximum passenger limits and blocked off a number of seats by marking them with “seat restricted” signs. Please do not sit in a seat marked with a sign. If all unmarked seats in the bus are occupied, the driver will by-pass the next stops on route until there is seating available. The driver will also be requesting dispatch of a stand-by bus to this route. If you are waiting at a bus stop and the bus drives past you, please remain at the bus stop; a stand-by bus will be there to pick you up within approximately 10 minutes. Oakville Transit cannot guarantee the ability to maintain physical distance on-board.
- Maintain physical distancing of 2-metre or 6-feet distance from others at the bus stop.
- Please board the bus through the front door and exit by the rear door. Customers requiring mobility assistance may exit by the front door.
- In an effort to protect passengers and drivers from COVID-19, protective driver shields have been installed around the bus operator cab on all conventional buses so customers can board and pay fares at the front.
- PRESTO customers are strongly encouraged to load their cards online and visit the PRESTO card website to learn about how, and where to go, to load a PRESTO card.
- We have added a red line on the floor at the front of the bus. Customers are asked to remain behind the red line.
Oakville Transit administration office is open to the public during regular business hours.
- SPLIT Pass sales is available for purchase at the Oakville Transit office and can be purchased with cash, debit or credit.
- Lost and Found pick up is available at the Oakville Transit administration office. If you have lost a valuable item, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the description of the item. Staff will check to see if your item is available for pick up.
Follow the Oakville Transit twitter @oakvilletransit to stay informed.
For all facility closures and impacted town services, visit the Town of Oakville COVID-19 information page.
Conventional transit service
Oakville Transit is operating a reduced service level due to the COVID-19 Provincewide Shutdown:
- Monday to Friday – Effective Monday, January 18, Routes 3, 5/5A, 14/14A and 24 will operate from approximately 6 a.m. to 11:30 p.m., every 30 minutes during morning and afternoon rush hours and hourly during midday and evening. Route 1 will leave five minutes later in the off peak hours to better align with other routes at the Oakville GO station. Route 4 will operate hourly from approximately 6 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Most other routes will operate hourly, with some routes providing rush hour only service.
- Saturday – Routes 3, 4, 5/5A, 14A and 24 will operate hourly from approximately 7 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Other routes will operate hourly service from approximately 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sunday – Service will operate hourly from approximately 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- School Specials, Late Night Service, Senior Specials, Oakville Place and Metro charters will not operate.
Visit schedules and maps for complete schedules or open Oakville Transit service schedules effective January 18, 2021 (pdf, 1.18MB)
Email email@example.com or call 905-815-2020 if you need assistance. Google trip planner and real-time bus tracking are available.
On Demand service: care-A-van and Home to Hub
In response to the COVID-19 Provincewide Shutdown, care-A-van is providing essential trips only.
- Essential trips include medical, pharmacy, grocery, banking and work.
- Companions are restricted from travelling at this time.
- Non-medical masks or face coverings are mandatory.
- Customers and attendants will be asked screening questions at their pick-up location prior to boarding the bus.
Sign up for Oakville Transit's RSS feeds to get information delivered right to your desktop.